Welcome to St. James Catholic Church of Kearney, Nebraska
Dear Friends in Christ:
God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. —Jn 3:16-17
- That Man is You! meets at Prince of Peace Church on Tuesdayevenings from 7 to 8:30 and Thursday mornings from 5:45to 7:15. Thursday morning Mass is at 7:15 at POP for any thatwould like to attend. This week's session is titled "Intellectual formation". All men are welcome to attend. Contact SteveNiedbalski at 308-440-0940 or email@example.com.
- COULD YOU SHARE THE GIFT OF YOUR FAITH? Be a sponsor for RCIA - you are NEEDED! Call Mary at the church office, 234-5536.
- The RCIA class will be meeting every Thursday evening at 6:30. Please sign up on the bulletin board in the foyer if you would like to provide refreshments for 14 people.
- Religious Education-There will be NO Religious Ed. classes next week (Oct. 22nd) due to parent/teacher conferences.
- Pictures Needed-The Communications Committee needs your help
putting together picture collages and a presentation. We would like
pictures that anyone would be willing to share, such as group
gatherings, First Communion classes and the church building. We will
make copies and return the originals. Please email or call Ed Berglund
at firstname.lastname@example.org 308-627-6012
- Our annual Memorial Mass for all who have died in the past year (parishioners or family members of parishioners) is at 6 p.m. November 3, 2014. After Mass a dinner for family members who can attend will be held in the parish hall. If your loved one was buried through another parish in the last year and you would like to include them in this special liturgy, please call the office at 234-5536 by October 29th.
- Kearney Catholic High School Red Cross Blood Drive: Be a Red Cross blood donor on Monday, October 27th from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in the gym at KCHS. For an appointment, call Stephanie Mahony at 440-1521. The need is constant, the reward is instant.
- Prince Of Peace Catholic Church will host their annual Fall Festival on Sunday, November 2nd at Kearney Catholic High School from 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. A roast beef dinner will be served. Other fun activities include a large item raffle, a quilt raffle, silent auction, bingo, games and inflatables for the kids, and a bake sale/country store.
- Trent Horn-Join Spirit 91.5-FM, in partnership with the Diocese
of Grand Island, for “A Beginner’s Guide to Defending the
Catholic Faith” with Trent Horn, a Catholic apologist with Catholic
Answers, Thursday, Nov. 6, at 7 p.m. at Blessed Sacrament Church in
Grand Island. Tickets are $5, and available at Blessed Sacrament’s
rectory, St. Leo Church rectory in Grand Island, Ss. Peter and Paul
Church rectory in St. Paul and St. James Church rectory in Kearney. For
more information, visit spiritcatholicradio.com or call 855-571-0200.
- The Kearney Chapter of Magnificat will meet Saturday, November
8th at 10:00 a.m. at the Ramada Inn. Andrea Mack from Grand Island
will speak about her walk with God as a pro-life warrior Brunch is $15.
Please make your reservations by Nov. 5th to 575-574-8183 or email@example.com. Make checks payable to “Magnificat” and mail to: Marlene Rasmussen, 3415 W 70th St., Kearney NE 68845.
of Columbus Fall Harvest Breakfast-will be Nov. 1st 7:00 a.m.-11:00
a.m. They will be serving pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits
with gravy and drink. $5 for adults, $3 ages 5-12, children 4 and
under-free. CMO Hall, 1900 Central AVE.
- HOST FAMILIES NEEDED: Please sign up to be a HOST FAMILY for
"Going BANANAS for JESUS”, March 27 - 29, 2015 in Kearney. For more
infor-mation & to sign-up call: Julie Tveit at 440-6363 or email her
at: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
See the weekly bulletin for more information.
As each one of you has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace. 1 Peter 4:8-10
Fishing with St. James
Good and Faithful Stewards at St. James
The next two
weeks we will focus on our Annual Steward-ship Renewal. The “Stewardship
Commitment Form” in the bul-letin gives everyone the opportunity to
consider the possibilities of using your “Time, Talent and Treasure” at
St. James Parish. Please prayerfully assess how you are called to be
involved in the prayer life, service, and financial support of our
Please bring the “Commitment Form” to church the weekend
of October 25/26 and place it in the collection basket. (If you won’t be
here that weekend you can return it in the collection, by mail or to
the parish office anytime.)
“The Little Burgundy Book” is
available at the entrance of the church to read and pray the six-minute
reflections on stewardship from the Gospel of Luke for the next six
I am Joseph your brother, Fr. Joe Hannappel
St. James parish is established to be a sign of the presence of the Kingdom of God, to spread the Good News of the Gospel and to minister and serve others. As Catholics we believe in Jesus' dying and rising and in our call to celebrate the Sacraments and proclaim the Gospel.
Fax: (308) 234-9818
Parish Office Hours:
9am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday
9am - 3 pm, Friday
*Summer hours (June - August):
8am - 4pm, Monday - Thursday
8 am - 3 pm, Friday