The Mission Statement of St. James Youth Ministry is to guide our youth to answer the call of personal discipleship, evangelization and leadership, and to connect our young people to the Christian community through involvement in the life of the Church and the larger community.
The Purpose of St. James Youth Ministry is to...
- empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- nurture the personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
In collaboration with the Church Community (including families, schools, parishes, and diocese), the Goals of St. James Youth Ministry are to...
- form young disciples of Jesus Christ.
- provide knowledge of the Catholic Faith.
- provide understanding of the Liturgy and the Sacraments.
- invite a deeper understanding of the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.
- provide a moral formation in Jesus Christ.
- teach the importance of prayer and how to pray with Christ.
- prepare active participants in the life and mission of the Church through the sharing of time, treasures, and talents.
- promote a missionary spirit that will be a Christian presence in society.
- provide time, space, a caring environment, and caring professionals to address complex issues associated with living a Christian life in the 21st Century.
Fr. Joe Hannappel, Pastor
Fr. Art Faesser, Associate Pastor
Christy Kosmicki, Youth Minister 6‐12
"As Jesus with the disciples of Emmaus, so the Church must become today, the traveling companion of young people…"
(Youth: Sent to Proclaim True Liberation, World Youth Day 1995, Philippines)