Fishing with St. James
This past week Bishop Dendinger has given St. James permission to move forward with Phase 1 of the Master Plan. I will reprint last week’s information for those who might have been out of town:
The Parish Council, Finance Committee and Facility Improvement Planning Team held a combined meeting on Monday, July 17th, 2014. I made the recommendation that we proceed with the Facility Improvement Planning Team proposal to accept the Master Plan that was designed by RDg Architects. The Parish Council advised Fr. Joe to ask Bishop Dendinger for permission to move forward with Phase 1 of the Master Plan which encompasses:
• Necessary repairs and maintenance of the current building: Heating/AC including the boiler and control system, roof repair or replacement.
• Worship Space expansion and renovation.
• Gathering Space addition and renovated Social Hall.
• Office remodel and addition.
• Address other areas of concern and needs as they arise.
• Use the current $1.0 million dollars of Capital Campaign of Kearney funds and conduct a capital campaign that will raise an additional $1.6 to $2.0 million dollars for the completion of Phase 1.
With the Bishop’s approval and a successful capital campaign we expect to begin the renovation project in the spring of 2015. I appreciate the dedicated work of the Facility Improvement Planning Team to get us to this place and the support of the Parish Council, Finance Committee and parishioners. More information is available in the parish foyer and office. If you have questions please contact the parish office.
I am Joseph your brother, Fr. Joe Hannappel